Black Friday Shopping Safety Tips
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means turkey, football, family, and Black Friday shopping, right? If you are one of the many Americans who hits the stores for the best deals on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving), it’s important you brush up on your safety tips. Black Friday gives consumers the chance to snag the best deals of the season, but it often comes with a price.
Since 2006, there have been 10 deaths and 111 injuries on Black Friday, all of which could have been prevented. From shootings to car accidents, brawls, and pepper spray attacks, the circumstances surrounding these Black Friday injuries and deaths are disturbing, to say the least. If you plan on heading out to the stores this year, we encourage you to be mindful and take extra precautions to keep you and your fellow shoppers safe. No TV or tablet is worth another person’s life.
Stay Safe on Black Friday with These Tips
All over America, people line up hours before stores open in order to get the best deals offered by retailers. While we all love a good deal, this ‘holiday’ has gotten out of control, causing people serious harm and even death. Make safety a priority this year by keeping these tips in mind when shopping on Black Friday.
When in the store…
- Never argue or fight over an item
- Keep your money in your wallet until it’s time to pay
- Try to use just one credit card to avoid having multiple cards compromised in the event of a breach
- Keep your receipts
- Never move large items on your own – ask for help!
- When shopping with children, discuss a safe meeting place in case you get separated
When in the car…
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Be patient in hectic parking lots
- Always park your car in a well-lit area
- Look around and under your vehicle before getting in
- Keep any shopping bags out of sight if storing in the car
- Pay attention to other cars and people when backing out
Black Friday injuries and deaths can happen in the store, in the parking lot, on the sidewalk, or on the roads, which is why it is so important to be aware and as safe as possible. The holidays are an extremely stressful time of year, and Black Friday is just the tip of the iceberg. If you are going out shopping this year, pay attention to your surroundings, be kind to other shoppers, and do everything you can to protect yourself and others.
If you are injured on Black Friday or at any other time during the holidays, please contact Rad Law Firm. Our Dallas personal injury lawyers are here to help you and will do everything we can to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. We will protect your legal rights and go after those responsible for your injuries. To learn more or if you have any questions, please give us a call today and schedule a free consultation.