Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall Accidents
A Slip and Fall accident falls under the Premises Liability area of the law.
Premises Liability laws are in place in order to hold property owners responsible for any slip and fall accidents that take place on their property as a result of negligence or a preventable situation.
Rad Law Firm has been assisting slip and fall victims in Dallas and Fort Worth since 1992. As a result, we know how difficult and stressful slip and fall accidents can be. Furthermore, we are committed to doing all we can to help victims of these accidents recover compensation for their injuries.
Our legal team is made up of professional, experienced attorneys and staff who have handled these types of slip and fall injury cases many times. Your slip and fall case will be evaluated at no charge to you. So, don’t hesitate to call or contact one of Rad Law Firm’s Dallas slip and fall lawyers.
Why Get Help from a Dallas Slip and Fall Attorney?
Insurance companies are not necessarily on your side. Their interest is in limiting the claim amounts and discounting the extent of your injuries or attempt to shift responsibility in order to reduce the payout that is owed to you.
We know the insurance game and, we've seen all the sneaky tactics used by the insurance industry. Therefore, we know what to expect with your slip and fall case.
In most instances the person who is injured may lack an understanding of Premises Liability in the state of Texas. Therefore, it is important to hire an attorney with experience in slip and fall cases.
We thoroughly investigate cases to determine who was at fault for a slip and fall as well as:
- Calculate potential damages
- Demand a full and fair amount from the liable property owner (or their insurer)
- Prepare for litigation, if necessary
- Keep our clients informed of the case’s progress at all times
- Represent our clients on a contingency fee basis
Important things to support your case:
- Photos of the scene
- Statements from witnesses
- Video recordings of the accident
- Reports of similar falls under similar circumstances in that area
- The safety requirements from local building codes
- The company’s written policies on visitor safety.
- We will assist you in gathering these things so that you can focus on recovering.
Common things that lead to slip and fall accidents:
- Broken stairs
- Broken or loose handrails
- Torn or lose carpeting or lose tiles
- Slick surfaces caused by spilled liquids or tracked-in rain, ice or slush
- Poor lighting or no lighting
- Uneven pavement on sidewalks
- Cluttered walkways
Rad Law Firm will help you with:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Time limits on slip and fall claims in Texas
Texas has a strict statute of limitations which applies to personal injury claims. Therefore, you must file a claim within two years from the date of the injury.
Failure to file within the 2-year statute of limitations will result in the case being thrown out. Similarly, at-fault parties are less likely to settle claims after the statute of limitations has passed.
Get help from an experienced Dallas slip and fall attorney.
Rad Law Firm practices a “Clients First” philosophy, which means we spare no expense to get the compensation you deserve. Therefore, we offer our services on a contingency fee basis and require payment only if we bring a favorable outcome for you.
Determining liability in Premises Liability accidents is complex and can be extremely difficult to prove. Laws vary from state to state, which is why it is important to retain the services of a knowledgeable premises liability attorney from Rad Law Firm.
Here are some questions you should be able to answer:
- What caused or contributed to your fall?
- Was the dangerous condition there for a long period of time?
- Was the property owner or manager aware of a hazardous condition?
- Were there any warning signs or alerts in the area where the accident occurred?
- Were there sufficient warnings placed to bring attention to the hazardous condition?
- Where were you looking when you fell?
- Do you have pictures of the scene of the slip and fall accident?
- Did the property owner or manager create an incident report?
Because determining responsibility on Slip and Fall Accidents is so complex it can be extremely difficult to prove. Slip and Fall claims can frequently involve businesses, corporations, and entities with seemingly limitless resources. Therefore, it is imperative that you have a qualified premises liability attorney on your side when you wish to pursue legal action.
If you believe you have suffered an injury due to negligence or a preventable situation while on someone else's property please contact one of our experienced premises liability attorneys in any of our convenient locations: Dallas, Fort Worth,Houston, Austin, Brownsville as well as Los Angeles, CA.
We encourage you to contact the Rad Law Firm right away.
The consultation is free and you are under no obligation.