How to Avoid Motorcycle Accidents This Summer
Motorcycle Safety is Extremely Important During Summer
Nice weather and bright, sunny skies are finally here! While this is a favorite time for many Texas residents, it can also be dangerous for motorcyclists. Depending on where you live in the Lone Star State, you may have just gotten your bike out of the garage for the first time. Dusting off the cobwebs and getting out onto the open road is a favorite hobby for many, but it is important proper safety precautions are taken to avoid motorcycle accidents.
Motorcycles are inherently dangerous, as they are often difficult for other drivers to see. Accidents involving motorcycles often result in devastating injuries, many of which could have been avoided. Unfortunately, we also see an increase in the number of motorcycle fatalities during the summer months. At Rad Law Firm, your well-being matters to us. Today we are going to go over some tips for how to avoid motorcycle accidents in Dallas this summer. If you have any questions or if you have been involved in an accident, please give us a call and schedule a free consultation.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
To stay safe on the roads this summer while riding your motorcycle, it is important you take the following tips into consideration:
- Always stay visible – One of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents is lack of visibility. Because motorcycles are much smaller than other vehicles, it can be difficult for drivers to spot riders who are sharing the road with them. As a motorcyclist, it is your duty to remain visible by turning on your lights, wearing bright colors, and driving defensively.
- Always wear a helmet – Should you find yourself involved in a motorcycle accident, wearing a helmet could mean the difference between life and death. Plus, it’s the law.
- Dress properly – Before hopping on your motorcycle, make sure you are wearing appropriate clothing and eye protection. Long pants, gloves, protective footwear, and a jacket are all recommended.
- Make sure your motorcycle is working properly – Before taking your motorcycle out this summer, it is always a good idea to perform a routine maintenance check to ensure everything is up to par.
- Obey the speed limit – Speed is often a factor in Texas motorcycle accidents, which is why one of the best pieces of advice we can give is to obey the speed limit.
- Never drive under the influence – If you have had any alcoholic beverages, do not get on your motorcycle. Operating a motorcycle under the influence of drugs or alcohol is extremely dangerous and often factors into Dallas motorcycle accidents.
- Watch out for blind spots – Big rigs and 18-wheelers are a common sight on Texas highways, and they also pose a serious threat to motorcyclists. To avoid a potentially deadly accident, watch out for blind spots and keep a safe distance from large trucks.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Dallas, please contact Rad Law Firm today. Our experienced personal injury attorneys understand just how devastating these types of accidents can be and will do everything we can to ensure justice is served. Stay safe out there this summer!